The Digitera Team
Kenneth Trueman (LinkedIn profile) is a product marketer and business strategist with 20 years of experience working with technology companies ranging from early stage start-ups to established small and medium-sized businesses and organisations with thousands of employees and billions of dollars in revenue.
Kenneth Trueman’s marketing experience ranges from being the Marketing department (i.e., the one and only marketing employee) to managing the Marketing department, and with it teams of creative professionals. He is recognised by employees, peers, and managers for his creativity, his perspective, and his ability to inspire those around him.
Kenneth Trueman holds an M.B.A. (with concentrations in marketing and strategy) from Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business in Montreal; a Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in international studies from Université de Montréal; and a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in political science and economics from Université Laval in Quebec City. He has also received training from Pragmatic Marketing, the industry standard for product management and product marketing training, and the Scrum Alliance.
Perfectly fluent in English and French, he continues to learn and perfect his Spanish language skills, welcoming all opportunities to practice. Previous personal and business travel has taken him across Canada and the United States, to numerous countries in Europe (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Russia) and Asia (India, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea), as well as the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) and Brazil.
Married, his interests outside of marketing include literature, history, foreign affairs, travel, road cycling, and running (with 31 marathons, including the World Marathon Majors Series (Boston, New York City, Chicago, Berlin, London, Tokyo), completed since September 2009).
- Worked for start-ups as well as public companies with revenue in the billions
- Member of geographically dispersed marketing and product development teams
- International sales and marketing experience
- Various consulting engagements for early stage start-ups and established technology providers
- Application design (mobile and web)
- Technology experience
- Mobile applications
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Middleware / software development kits (SDK)
- Packaged (shrink-wrap) software
- IT consulting / professional services
- Telecommunications hardware
- Training in leading product management and product development methodologies
- Pragmatic Marketing
- Scrum Product Owner
- Industry experience (alphabetical order)
- Artificial intelligence toolkits
- Security appliances, mobile applications
- Military simulation
- Professional services, online learning
- Content management systems
- Business continuity planning
- IT outsourcing
- Professional services
- Video games
- Information technology
- Point-of-sale systems (POS)
- GPS-based vehicle tracking