Web Site & Social Media Audit
Assess your current online initiatives and provide a benchmark for future improvements.
What a Web Site & Social Media Audit Answers
The performance and the completeness of a company’s web site—as well as its social media accounts—play a key role in the first impressions of prospective customers and in the ongoing relationship with paying customers and other stakeholders. Web sites and social media are among the most cost-effective means of expanding and maintaining your reach, so getting them right the first time is just good business sense.
However, many web sites and social media accounts are prone to neglect over time—left to gather digital dust—while new competitors appear and new forms of online outreach further increase the gap. The appearance in recent years of new form factors such as smartphones and tablets has added to the complexity of ensuring the optimal presentation of content and interactivity.
To provide companies with a clear picture of where they stand in their online marketing efforts across channels and devices—and ultimately how to move forward—Digitera has developed a web site and social media audit that will assess your current online marketing initiatives and provide a benchmark for future improvements and measures of effectiveness.
a) Web site
- Calls to action
- Proof points
- Standard, consistent presentation that aligns with your brand
- Support for and presentation on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
- i.e., responsive design
- Standards compliance
- Information architecture
- Organization of information
- Site wide and on-page
- Purchase path (e-commerce sites)
- Organization of information
- Mobile accessibility
- Support for smartphones and tablets
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Presentation on Google, Bing, and Yahoo
b) Social media
- Profile completeness
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- Optional: Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr
- Social media activity
- Number, nature, quality and effectiveness of posts
c) Optional analyses
- Review core web analytics reports
- Review social media analytics reports
- Competitive benchmarking
- Compare the web site effectiveness and social media efforts for one or more competitors
- Interview existing customers and members of the target market
- Validate customer understanding of the company, the description of market pains, positioning, messaging, etc.
- Search engine ranking analysis
- Keywords used, target keywords
- Content marketing review
- Blog, guest authorship, white papers, other thought leadership pieces
To evaluate the effectiveness of your web site, we ask questions such as:
- What does the company do?
- Does the web site clearly tell the visitor this?
- Explicitly or implicitly?
- Who is / are the audience(s)?
- Economic buyer, technical buyer, end user, and / or developer
- Is / are the audience(s) called out (explicitly) or inferred (implicitly)?
- Are other site visitors welcome / targeted?
- e.g., prospective employees
- Can the company solve my business problem?
- What are the benefits of using its solution? Of using it as a supplier?
- As a prospective customer, how do I know that I can trust this company?
- e.g., proof points
- What am I being asked to do?
- What is the desired next step?
- What are the desired outcomes for the company?
What do you get ?
- Written report
- Recommendations for improvement and a proposed remediation plan
- Annotated screenshots of relevant issues
- Source materials
- Review discussion
- Up to 4 hours in length; in-person or via video conference
What does it cost ?
The Digitera web site and social media audit starts at $1000, with a deposit of 50% payable upfront. If you subsequently decide to invest in a Digital Marketing Catch-Up Plan, Digitera will apply a credit from the cost of the audit to any work covered under the Catch-Up plan.
Additional fees apply for optional items such as web analytics or social media analytics reports, competitive benchmarking, customer interviews, search engine ranking analysis, and / or blog content review, will be established jointly prior to the audit.
Complete the request form below and we will be in touch within 1 business day to schedule an exploratory phone call.
During the phone call we will jointly determine a timeframe for the audit, the ultimate scope of work, delivery of the report, and arrange for deposit. Digitera will also provide a non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement to cover the audit, any access requirements, and the results of the audit.
Digitera will perform the web site and social media audit as well as any optional services.
Digitera will provide a written report and will schedule a follow-up call with you to review the results of the web site and social media audit and answer any questions you may have.
Working with Digitera
Digitera offers a variety of contractual arrangements that recognise the time and resource constraints of its customers. These contractual arrangements range from short-term, one-off projects to recurring fixed schedule and/or ongoing retainer-based consulting engagements.
Digitera has also developed a project methodology—focused on desired outcomes—that is designed to minimise the oversight requirements of its customers, freeing them to focus on their own day-to-day business challenges.
Contact us to start a discussion about your business needs and how Digitera can craft a solution for you.