Product management activities are strategic in nature, laying the groundwork for years to come.
Questions That Product Management Answers
A Product Management consulting engagement with Digitera answers key questions regarding the value created and delivered to customers, the desired evolution of the product or solution over time, and the appropriate pricing and business models. It also provides the inputs for successful customer marketing efforts.
- What are the market pains?
- Which market pain is most likely to cause the customer to purchase
- What do we sell?
- Now and in the future?
- What are the target market segments ?
- How do we divide the market?
- Who is the customer?
- Who are the different personas involved in the purchase decision?
- Who uses the product ?
- What are the different contexts (aka use cases or scenarios) in which the product will be used?
- What is the business model?
- How do we make money?
- One-time or recurring revenues?
- Do any maintenance fees apply?
- How much should we charge?
- For the core product vs. ancillary services
- Who are our competitors?
- Direct competitors vs. partial competitors vs. status quo
- How should the product or solution evolve over time?
- What is the process for capturing, validating and prioritising market requirements?
Digitera leverages the Pragmatic Marketing Framework as a starting point for answering such strategic questions.
Product management deliverables
- Business plan
- Product roadmaps
- Prioritised; rolling 12-month or longer
- Product backlog
- Agile / Scrum
- Target market analysis
- Competitive landscape / analysis
- Technology assessment
- Pricing strategy
Working with Digitera
Digitera offers a variety of contractual arrangements that recognise the time and resource constraints of its customers. These contractual arrangements range from short-term, one-off projects to recurring fixed schedule and/or ongoing retainer-based consulting engagements.
Digitera has also developed a project methodology—focused on desired outcomes—that is designed to minimise the oversight requirements of its customers, freeing them to focus on their own day-to-day business challenges.
Contact us to start a discussion about your business needs and how Digitera can craft a solution for you.